Ultraviolet Light Sensitivity Studies
- Cannot have any known allergy or sensitivity to cosmetics, fragrances and/or toiletries, including sunscreens, adhesives, topical drugs and/or ultraviolet light.
- Cannot have pre-existing medical conditions based on self-report (e.g., adult asthma, insulin dependent diabetes, lupus, multiple sclerosis, eczema on the back or more than 6% on the body).
- Cannot be taking antibiotics, antihistamines or corticosteroids within 14 days prior to study start.
- Females cannot be pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Cannot have been diagnosed with cancer within the last 5 years.
- Individuals taking non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), antihypertensive drugs, or any drugs with photo-sensitizing potential may not participate.
- Your back must be protected from sunlight throughout study duration.
|Day 1: Monday||Day 2: Tuesday||Day 3: Wednesday||Day 4: Thursday|
|You will have patches applied to your back||You will sit by UV lamps||You will visit the lab to get your back examined||You will visit the lab to get your back examined for a final time then you will be compensated for the study|
|Visit takes ~5 minutes||Visit takes ~20 minutes||Visit takes ~5 minutes||Visit takes ~5 minutes|
Receive $90 upon study completion.
Fill out the fields below to apply!
Please note: You must be using Safari, Firefox or Chrome to apply.
All information you provide will be kept confidential, you may be contacted by telephone, and your information may be added to a database.
By applying for this study at our Facility in Union, NJ, you confirm that you are able and willing to travel to its location.