Anti-Bacterial Hand Soaps and Hand Sanitizers
Please review the criteria and schedule below. Complete the application form if you are interested in participating!
- Your hands must be free of cuts, scratches, hangnails or rash on the day of the study.
- Must be willing to cut your nails short, not use nail polish, nail polish remover or artificial nails for 7 days prior to the test day.
- Must be willing to remove any jewelry on the hands and wrists the day of the study.
- Cannot be pregnant, breast feeding, immunocompromised or caring for an immunocompromised individual.
- Cannot be taking steroids or using topical or systemic antibiotics and antifungals for the 7 days prior to the test day. (Contraceptives and post-menopausal medications are acceptable to use).
Study Schedule and Procedures
Visit 1 (Screening visit will last less than 1 hour)- Qualify and enroll for the study. You will leave with a kit of cleansing products to use at home.
Visit 2 (Test day (7 days after visit 1) visit will last less than 1.5 hours) –
- You will have your hands washed to remove any oil or dirt.
- The test bacteria (same as bacteria found naturally in soil) will be applied to your hands. Samples are taken to measure how much bacteria is on your hands.
- The test bacteria is applied a 2nd time and you will use the test hand soap or hand sanitizer. Samples will be taken again to measure how much bacteria is left on your hands.
- The amount of bacteria before and after the test hand soap or hand sanitizer is applied is compared to see how well the product removed the bacteria from your hands.
- Finally, your hands will be decontaminated and you will be given an anti-bacterial cream to ensure all the bacteria was removed.
Fill out the fields below to apply!
Please note: You must be using Safari, Firefox or Chrome to apply.
All information you provide will be kept confidential, you may be contacted by telephone, and your information may be added to a database.
By applying for this study at our Facility in Phoenix, Arizona, you confirm that you are able and willing to travel to its location for your scheduled appointment.